April Fools Posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Searched and was surprised not to find one yet. Lets here all the good pranks and ideas for today. If there is already one post me a link, I can't find it.

Thinkgeek.com always has some classics every year, even some of the older ones are on the main page under "favorites"

I'm surprised that we haven't seen a single lame-o "I'm quitting brewing" post today like we have in years past.

I fell for one this morning, but it got closed before I could call the perp an a-hole. Being genuinely worried for someone's health is no fun! :mad:

While we are all here, my liquor store decided to send me a history of April Fools:

Legend has it, that on this day back in 1582, Pope Gregory XIII had ordered that the new year move from April 1st to January 1st. This is why the Gregorian Calendar is now in place of the Julian Calendar. One of Pope Gregory's jesters, who happened to be named April, felt that this was foolish. He felt that the moving of the date would cause his name to have less validity and thus conjured up a scheme to play a prank on everyone. Contrary to popular belief, jesters at the time were quite astute and well learned, and they used this to their advantage when acting the fool to entertain. April used all of his wit to convince the Pope himself, to pray on April 1st for three things: a jug of water, a black horse & a white horse and five golden rings (which is the reason for the fifth day of the popular Christmas song "12 days of Christmas"). The Pope did as instructed and when he awoke, he was surprised to find the jug right next to his bed. He opened it to take a taste of what surely must have been water blessed by God himself, only to find that it was a jug of wine. Confused, he quickly made the assumption of the water being turned into wine by God's son, Jesus. Elated, he dashed outside to speak of his finding and no sooner made it out of his door than he ran into a zebra. Again, confused at first, the Pope quickly realized that it was not two horses, 1 black & 1 white; but rather one horse (as he was not familiar with what a zebra was) that was black and white. He no sooner came to this conclusion than he hoped on the zebra bareback and rode it into the town square. Upon his arrival, he was not so much surprised, as tickled, to see the 5 rings on flags all over the town square. Secretly, April had convinced the entire county to hold an event on this day that would be an athletic competition similar to that of the Greeks. The flags, with the 5 rings, were no more than what we now refer to as the Olympic flag. The Pope, oblivious to all of this, proclaimed that he had spoken with God the night before about the three things he had prayed for. Slowly but surely, it became apparent that he had been dooped, and made a fool of by his very own fool. After April was beheaded, his legend lived on for centuries to come. Townsfolk would try to trick or prank one another and tell the tale of the great "April the Fool". Happy April Fool's Day!

Yes.

internet-serious-business.jpg

I pranked my boss today. I made a bunch of copies of a paperclip and put them back in where the paper goes so when you print or copy it looks like there is a paper clip stuck somewhere in the copier. Got him hook, line and, sinker. He was in there for five minutes with another coworker trying to find the phantom paperclip before I let them off the hook.

I pranked my boss today. I made a bunch of copies of a paperclip and put them back in where the paper goes so when you print or copy it looks like there is a paper clip stuck somewhere in the copier. Got him hook, line and, sinker. He was in there for five minutes with another coworker trying to find the phantom paperclip before I let them off the hook.
No,No,No, dammit.
You are supposed to just let them keep making copies until the problem "fixes" itself.
AP

Another good one is to copy something obscene, faintly, one one side of the paper. Then reload it so that ends up on the back of someone's copy. So long as it's not too dark and you use decent weight paper, they won't see it until much later.

ATTN Tauntaun Fanatics! Due to an overwhelming tsunami of requests from YOU THE PEOPLE, we have decided to TRY and bring this to life. We have no clue if the suits at Lucasfilms will grant little ThinkGeek a license, nor do we know how much it would ultimately retail for. But if you are interested in ever owning one of these, click the link below and we'll try!

That is so awesome, we WILL own one of these if it happens!

Back