April fools Joke's today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
So who has done what?

I broke newbs in with tape on his mouse, the classic screenshot of your desktop-hide all of the icons and hide the toolbar.....among some other things....I did change his google language options too.

What has anyone else done today?

Mother Nature: Record low April temperature this morning: 24F

Way back, Compaq computers had a MODE setting that changed the processor speed. I added that to the Controller's computer in a manner that reduced the speed based on the date; the later in the month, the slower it ran.

I can say much of anything for pranks this year... Very Disappointing. I got a few people with the good ol' tape on the mouse but thats about it. I was gonna go in with some guys, actully most of the office, and we all were going to turn in letters of resignation to our boss. But this sadly fell through with the realization that he is not one for jokes and would proboly fire all of us.

This is horrible, but SWMBO's used to recovering by now. So I had to take our dog to the vet to get his neutering stiches checked out. SWMBO has been paranoid because she's convinced he had something sticking through his skin. Being that it wasn't infected, I said no big deal. I took the dog to the vet and he said everything looks perfect. Theeen I called SWMBO and said that the thing sticking out of his skin was an infection that was breaking through. I said he was in emergency surgery so they could stop the infection from spreading to his internal organs. She was all flustered and asked what the outcome would be and I said one possible scenario was that they could stop the spread of infection but would have to remove the rest of his genitals. To make things look normal they would have to convert our stud a ***** :D

Soulive said:
This is horrible, but SWMBO's used to recovering by now. So I had to take our dog to the vet to get his neutering stiches checked out. SWMBO has been paranoid because she's convinced he had something sticking through his skin. Being that it wasn't infected, I said no big deal. I took the dog to the vet and he said everything looks perfect. Theeen I called SWMBO and said that the thing sticking out of his skin was an infection that was breaking through. I said he was in emergency surgery so they could stop the infection from spreading to his internal organs. She was all flustered and asked what the outcome would be and I said one possible scenario was that they could stop the spread of infection but would have to remove the rest of his genitals. To make things look normal they would have to convert our stud a ***** :D

deeeeang! she's gonna kick your ass, yo.

woot.com is having a woot-off today... except it is the same item every time.

Neal

I've been using VNC to randomly take control of PC's throughout the company and messing with people (it's good to be the admin sometimes).

What's that? You're typing an important document in Word? Hmmm... let me randomly insert letters for you as you type. Then when you go back to fix your typo I'll insert 'kalsjhdfkjlahsklhhlah ahhsfksilha shfak asfkdfkshfaweia;gajelghebvuglrklaig;vkufosnvrhvhng' - that'll teach you.

Oh my, you just opened 50 emails in Outlook - how did that happen?

What? Your mouse is moving all over the screen? You think it's broken because you can't control it? :D

It's the little things that give me pleasure.

IrregularPulse said:
I totally had to steal the OP's desktop mask. Just ran over and did this to the new guy. Waiting till he gets back from lunch.

it's the best

Virgle Expedition to Mars — http://www.google.com/virgle/

Google also announced it was partnering with Richard Branson's Virgin Group to establish the first human colony on Mars by the middle of the next decade. "Earth has issues, and it's time humanity got started on a Plan B," states the Web site, which also features a video greeting by Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page and an online application for interested Martian colonists.

foppa78 said:
Virgle Expedition to Mars — http://www.google.com/virgle/

Google also announced it was partnering with Richard Branson's Virgin Group to establish the first human colony on Mars by the middle of the next decade. "Earth has issues, and it's time humanity got started on a Plan B," states the Web site, which also features a video greeting by Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page and an online application for interested Martian colonists.

Sweet... I'm all about Mars. I just sent them $10,000 to help out. :drunk:

My school sent out a security warning about zombie sightings. In response, my friends and I dressed up as zombies and shuffled through campus. Then, some other people ran after us with nerf guns and we battled.

I got my eldest son. He and I have been working on getting his first beater on the road. Today I went to pick him up from work so we could put a temporary registration on the vehicle. By beater I mean a 1988 Ford Taurus.

So I get to his work and give him the bad news. I tell him that Ford had issued a recall on the rack and pinion and the recall was only good for ten years. After that your'e on your own. I told him the insurance company wouldn't cover him unless the repair was done. I quoted him $1500.

Suprisingly, he took it well. He'd only paid $300 for the car and another $50 for the parts car. It isn't worth a $1500 repair so he figured the car was toast.

I didn't let him stew for too long. He actually thought it was funny.

I have been working with one of the insterment techs for the last couple of days at the plant I work at. So I called my SWMBO this morning and told her I found out the reason they wantend me to work with Rich (I.T) shes all Oh ya why I said cause they just walked Mike B (they other I.T) out to his car and fired him. SWMBO is like NO $#!t Im all YA and they just offered me his JOB (at like $20,000 more a year)shes all well [all excited] what did you say!!!!Im all... I said .....April Fools!!!! she hung up on me LOL I think she already had the $$$$ spent!!!
I get her every year
JJ

98EXL said:
So who has done what?

I broke newbs in with tape on his mouse, the classic screenshot of your desktop-hide all of the icons and hide the toolbar.....among some other things....I did change his google language options too.

What has anyone else done today?

I love the screenshot of desktop prank! But there's one I like even better -- if you haven't heard of it. I didn't do it today, but we got our IT guy SO good with this once.

You go into their auto-correct settings in Word or Outlook and set it up to replace common phrases with comic genius. Examples:

Replace/With
and/and, uh
computer/confuser
phone/telephonic comunication device
desk/crib
Bill Smith (i.e. users name)/Billy Boy "Who's Yer Daddy" Smith
or/or, like, you know
email/some spam
later/when pigs grow wings
tomorrow/when pigs grow wings
today/when pigs grow wings

etc, etc.

When we did this, we were nice enough to keep a list of the changes that we made so that once he noticed, we could undo them all. You don't HAVE to be that nice.

This particular gentleman seems to attract these kinds of pranks. It wasn't April Fools day, but last Friday I was working through an issue with one of his IT colleagues, Rachel. I put her on hold and dialed him up to conference him in. When he picked up I said quickly, "Scott, it's Jay. I'm going to conference you in with <<name of our CEO>>." and hit the conference button to connect the call back. After that I said right away, "I'm just kidding, it's only Rachel." Turns out he was on the road and had nearly swerved into the other lane during those two or three seconds!!

One I've only read about but never done is where you put a thin slice of deli meat underneath their cell phone battery. "My God! Where is that awful smell coming from." If you use imported prosciutto it shows you're a classy prankster.

The desktop joke is a goodie, but alas a very oldie. For better effect, make a desktop image with only a few key fake icons. Since everything else works, they will spend a few hours trying to find out what wrong with their app.

Another fun one is to just swap the icons between apps. Word starts Excel, Excel starts calc, and so on...

It's too late now but this is for in the future. If you ever want to F someone's computer up a little, press CTRL + ALT + Down arrow key. If you have an intel video card, it turns the screen upside down. Bonus points if they actually turn their monitor over to use it.

And no, I'm not telling you how to change it back. ;)

two years ago I told my mom that my wife was pregnant.... we later found out she was...

last year I told my mom that my car had broke down and was getting rid of it... later that day i had to have someone drive me home b/c my car wouldn't start, later that week I sold the car...

April Fools was on me.

this year we've decided to not participate since our jokes become reality.

BraeHaus said:
two years ago I told my mom that my wife was pregnant.... we later found out she was...

last year I told my mom that my car had broke down and was getting rid of it... later that day i had to have someone drive me home b/c my car wouldn't start, later that week I sold the car...

April Fools was on me.

this year we've decided to not participate since our jokes become reality.

You could always tell someone you won the lottery. :rockin:

Back