April Fools ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepGuy

Reaction score
I've been trying to come up with something good to do for SWMBO for April Fools day. Haven't come up with anything too good yet. Any ideas?

You could always tell her you are becoming a Mormon polygamist, and have one of her hot single girlfriends come over to go along with it.... lol

No warranty expressed or implied

I've gotten my wife good a couple of times.

I get up before her, so a minute after I walked out of the bed room, I came stomping back in screaming that the house had been robbed during the night. That one worked very well, because she didn't have a chance to even realize what day it was when I dropped it on her.

I also pulled a double-whammy on her when I proposed marriage. I presented the ring and asked the question, and she was blown away with the whole thing and I suddenly yelled "APRIL FOOL'S", and laughed my ass off.

After the shock of that setting in (and her dropping from an emotional high to an emotional low) I let her stew on it for a short time and then told her that I was actually serious and that pretending that the proposal fake was actually my prank. I'm not sure she appreciated the roller coaster, but I sure the hell did. :)

-walker

Imperial Walker said:
I also pulled a double-whammy on her when I proposed marriage. I presented the ring and asked the question, and she was blown away with the whole thing and I suddenly yelled "APRIL FOOL'S", and laughed my ass off.

After the shock of that setting in (and her dropping from an emotional high to an emotional low) I let her stew on it for a short time and then told her that I was actually serious and that pretending that the proposal fake was actually my prank. I'm not sure she appreciated the roller coaster, but I sure the hell did. :)

Cruel, cruel man. :D

That would be good. Had I thought of it, and been able to keep the ring a secret, I wouldn't have asked her back in January. LOL.

Tell her you'll be gentle, then go for the stink (as opposed to the pink).

Then shout April Fools!

Or not.

JeepGuy said:
I've been trying to come up with something good to do for SWMBO for April Fools day. Haven't come up with anything too good yet. Any ideas?

1. Tell her you've quit drinking.
2. Tell her you'd like to know how her day went. When she starts to tell you, yell "April Fool's!"
3. Go to a jewelry store and ask if you can just purchase a box. Inside of it, put a piece of paper with the words "April Fools". Wrap the box. While she's out, set up the house with candles, soft music and a bottle of wine. Feature the box on a satin pillow. Buy a nice card and write"A little something special for a special lady on a special day. You're the best and I don't take you for granted. -Your love monkey". Pour some wine for her and bring her blindfolded (or eyes closed) to the gift. Run like hell after she opens it.

4. Hide in your bedroom with a bucket of water. When she walks in, throw the water on her and yell "April Fools!"

5. Buy some Do-It-Yourself Divorce software and prepare a contract. Tell her you're in love with a man and you need to be free. Give her the contract. After she's reviewed it, "April Fools!"

For the ladies: buy a pregnancy test kit, open it up, and leave the contents (minus the stick, unless you have some way of faking that) somewhere he'll see it. Don't mention a thing until curiosity gets the better of him, then APRIL FOOLS! :D

Imperial Walker said:

-walker
That is twisted.

Now I understand why you refer to her as SWMBO.:)

dancingbarefoot said:
For the ladies: buy a pregnancy test kit, open it up, and leave the contents (minus the stick, unless you have some way of faking that) somewhere he'll see it. Don't mention a thing until curiosity gets the better of him, then APRIL FOOLS! :D

LOL, maybe leave a condom wrapper too.

Latest posts

Back