Apricot Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leechmielewski

Reaction score
5 Gal batch

5lbs 2 row pale malt
5 lbs wheat
1 lbs Caramel 10L
.5 oz Cascade Hops 60 min
1 oz Mr. Hood Hops 20 min
4 oz Apricot extract
1056 American Ale Yeast

Mash grains in 3.5 gal water @ 155 degree F. For 60 min. Strike temp 169.4 degrees F. Sparge with 2 gal at 180 degrees F. Boil for 60 min with hop additions as per recipe. Chill to 70 degrees and pitch yeast. After all fermentation has stopped, add apricot extract. Let settle for one week. Original gravity 1.053. Final gravity 1. 013.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

The only suggestion I'd make is less Crystal. The Wheat will give it real nice body and a thick head, and I'd imagine that the apricot will add some nice sweetness (though I've never used it). I can see adding a little crystal, but a pound might make it too sweet.

Everything else looks delicious! Is this a recipe you've made before?

Hi and welcome to HBT, leechmielewski. I've had only marginal success with fruit beers like this one, thanks for sharing the recipe, it sounds good.

I've moved this to the Recipe & Ingredients subforum, where people can post recipes for comments and back and forth conversations as they refine the recipe. The Recipe Database is for tried and true recipes, those recipes you have made a few times, perhaps refined and changed, and finally have at a point where you want to share them.

Back