Apple hard cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tal

Reaction score
Hi all, I just started with cider making. I took apple concentrated juice add water as shown on juice and add Safcider by Ferments, yeasts. And after just 4 days it I'm almost don't have bubbles, so it's like fermentation is finished. Can some body say, how long I should wait with those yeast? I didn't add any sugar, because I want my cider about 5% alcohol.

Did the concentrate have any preservatives in it... Potassium sorbate or Sodium benzoate? These will inhibit yeast and fermentation. Check the label.

You might need to add some yeast nutrient and yeast energizer.

Did the concentrate have any preservatives in it... Potassium sorbate or Sodium benzoate? These will inhibit yeast and fermentation. Check the label.
There is no preservatives. I spoke with shop and they said to wait for 1-2 weeks.

Patience. Give it at least 3-4 weeks. Then check gravity. Then wait a week. Then check gravity again. When stable for a whole week, then it's done.
I have some Russian sugar-wine meter and I really don't know how to use it, but at the shop the seller told me, that if I want to get about 5% alcohol just add water to concentrate juice, yeasts and let it stand for a couple of weeks.

Maybe somebody have a picture of sugar meter, I need to have no more than 1.05 of sugar.

Back