Apple and Blackberry Cider.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecidergrove

Reaction score
Blackberries are common at the mo in the uk, so picked a few pounds, crushed them and extracted the juice,and added it to a gallon of apple juice I pressed the same day. It tastes really good as just juice but was only 1.040 SG so added some sugar.
Will pitch yeast tommorow and let it ferment and see what I end up with.
Anyone ever done a berry and apple cider before?

Blackberries are common at the mo in the uk, so picked a few pounds, crushed them and extracted the juice,and added it to a gallon of apple juice I pressed the same day. It tastes really good as just juice but was only 1.040 SG so added some sugar.
Will pitch yeast tommorow and let it ferment and see what I end up with.
Anyone ever done a berry and apple cider before?

No, but I just picked some myself and will also be doing an apple-blackberry cider in a couple weeks. Keep us posted on your progress!

Yes!!! strawberry/black berry cider.
Turned out great, needs a while to mellow because it's a little stronger.
Great berry flavor
IMAG0303_zps2b479b68.jpg

After a week of fierce fermentation, lots of co2 and very little froth, mine has fermented out to 1.00. Its dry but flavoursome and a lovely red colour. I will rack in a week and eventually bottle with some splenda or candarell. May well do another batch. Lets see if this phone will attach a picture.

ForumRunner_20130906_214346.jpg

I have a gallon of cider that I racked on to about 1lb or blackberries. They have been sitting a week and I am planning to rack again next week. I hope it turns out as good as I have heard.

Nice looking cider.

I make apple and cranberry cider a lot and really prefer it to apple.

Back