apparently action news today, the house behind me is burning down....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i got from an afternoon nap, hear pop and stuff, think some heavy equipment is working.

go out back, aparently the house behind me is burning down.

the stupid tqeaker next door said he was too cheap to spend $5 on taking his yard waste to the dump, and he was going to start burning it....conicence maybe...but that's my likely suspect at the moment....

They make a lot of heat.
House next to my parents house burnt and the heat messed up their paint and shingles.
It took a while to show up and once it did it was too late for an insurance claim.

Can't he just hook it up and tow it away from danger? :D

it's a double wide! so i'd need to schedule a couple trucks and it'd take too long.....i think they have it out now....

from the sound of their efforts i think they were using flame throwers to fight fire with fire....

I Don't Have A Meth Lab.png

Neighbor's place look like this?....

View attachment 728462
Neighbor's place look like this?....

no he's got the bad teeth and skinny frame...acts "energetic", think he's more of a ass kisser then a cook..maybe dealer, surprised a tweaker could afford to 'buy' a house...

but it's still just coincadence....(and i saw the sheriff over there talking to him...)

sorry for my typing, i'm still trying to figure out how to react?

"energetic"

reminds me of dear blessed departed mother, who was a staunch never use drugs person....once saying all excitedly, "well, he sure was energetic" after buying some stuff from him...i just hung my head, and thought...yeah he was high on crack or meth...

"Their"? Wouldn't that be "your"? How far away were they?

no it'd be our's! i doubt i could cover the cost all on my own for this operation!

my place theirs.jpg

and them flames were big! i wasn't sure if should post in you know you're a homebrewer, and go out back to drink a homebrew...lots of other people were driving by as looky'loo's to check it out, but i thought it would be inapprpriate....

Maybe you could brew up a commemorative beer and bring the local fire squad a case or two?

Cheers!

i don't want to be insulting! lol

i live a weird life, the IRS swears they owe me money, i tell them "huh? no you don't i assure you?"....then like i want to "volentarily" chip in on the new road they paved, or even more so keeping my house from burning down.

i swear, i try not to act like a spoiled punk brat! :mug:

Works out the tweaker didn't cause this fire. it was an elderly couple, and news headline says it started in their house....but here's what i was looking at...

1620489170920.png

In that picture, you can see flames coming out of the window, starting to come through the center of the roof, and it looks like a camper or something is on fire as well.

That's terrible for them, hopefully their home owners insurance was adequate and will cover their entire loss. Insurance is good thing to have, but there are always things that insurance can't replace.

I feel for anyone who has their house burn.
It happened to me and through an interesting set of circumstances the insurance company was able to give me the Willy Wonka treatment.
tenor.gif

Except they weren't particularly upset by it.

i find a slow trickle of homebrew works better for the brain then a hat....just as long as it's not too much to where it's flammable....

Normally, I'd say "Ah - I have the beer you've been looking for" - a 10% Brut NEIPA - but then I remember some of the stuff you've come up with that makes that look like baby beverage....

Cheers! :D

Normally, I'd say "Ah - I have the beer you've been looking for" - a 10% Brut NEIPA - but then I remember some of the stuff you've come up with that makes that look like baby beverage....

Cheers! :D

i only brew it 8-9%.....and using that much hops would kill me being able to brag about it being 90 cents a twelve pack! :mug:

welp, this is going into summer, sun comes up early, and this is bed time...last drink, with the suns gravity if my scale is at 31, 14.4 now...should be around 31,13.7-8, maybe 6 in the morning figuring for gravity, and absorption.....

(damn, i gotta mix up my malt in the tub before bed, Thanks for reminding me! otherwise the roots get knoted up!)

That BMW coupe had just had its engine replaced. They had just returned from the dealership, 15m before that pic. Forensics are at work, but I doubt they will come to any conclusions. Nothing but charcoal in the end. There was also a Cadillac in there, FUBAR as well. House is a shell now, total rebuild.

1624411081642.png

Back