Apology for the prank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurel

Reaction score
Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. Evil thought it would be funny and I was more than happy to go along with it, figuring that everyone would get that it's an April Fools joke. I was incorrect and I know that some people got upset about it. I want no ill will and hope that the ones that were unnerved by my post will forgive me.:eek:

It was all supposed to be in good fun. Yes, I aske Laurel to help me out with it because we thought it'd be funny. So I am sorry if people really were worried about me for nothing.

I didn't think it was hilarious, but I didn't think it was sick, either. No problem from me. I LOVE both of your new avatars, BTW!

Laurel,
For me, that one hit close to home. I nearly lost my best friend in college the same way. He was on his way to work one morning, and a drunk ran a red light and side-swiped his VW Corrado. I got a call a few hours later informing me of the accident. It was a sad week, and the post brought back some memories.
I'm glad everyone is o.k. I'm not trying to interject one of my own life's experiences onto the forum. I know that every funny joke needs a thread of truth/plausibility. That particular one hit a bit close to home for me.

Like I said, I'm glad everyone is fine.:mug:

No big for either of you.

I actually posted my "disgust" response as an April fools counter to your April fools. But...then things just kind of ran away.

Apology appreciated, accepted and acknowledged as good sportsmanship.

:mug:

I was not offended, but I am very hard to offend. I don't believe anything I read on the internet anyway, especially today ;)

My boss emailed a "Resignation" letter to the whole division today that nearly gave everyone a heart attack. That was not cool.

I would have thought that between the date and posting it in the Drunken Ramblings, people would have been smarter about reacting the way they did (both times). I applaud both Laurel and EvilOTJ on making fools of all those people.

Ugh, for the last time Mike I told you you only get to see them ONCE! I'm not shaving them again just for your benefit.

IF you wake up on April Fools Day and interact with other people you should expect that things are not going to be presented to you at face value and different people have differing ideas of what is funny. If the prank was a brew and I was judging, eh, 41 points.

I would have thought that between the date and posting it in the Drunken Ramblings, people would have been smarter about reacting the way they did (both times). I applaud both Laurel and EvilOTJ on making fools of all those people.

But it wasn't in DRMM, it was in General Chit Chat. The thread was moved after the fact.

Back