Apollo hops. For American styles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treehousebrewing

Reaction score
I'm finishing the first glass of this APA I made with 2 oz Apollo at flameout and 1 oz Apollo/1oz Centennial dry hop (and warrior for bittering additions). When I picked it up on sale from Northern Brewer, I figured it'd be a fun high-alpha to mess with, but I've been really impressed. Super delicious, orangey with a little bit of the dank heaviness brought by something like Simcoe. Sorry if this is a lame post but the places where I look have Apollo for really cheap and I think it's one of those sleepers.

treehousebrewing said:
I'm finishing the first glass of this APA I made with 2 oz Apollo at flameout and 1 oz Apollo/1oz Centennial dry hop (and warrior for bittering additions). When I picked it up on sale from Northern Brewer, I figured it'd be a fun high-alpha to mess with, but I've been really impressed. Super delicious, orangey with a little bit of the dank heaviness brought by something like Simcoe. Sorry if this is a lame post but the places where I look have Apollo for really cheap and I think it's one of those sleepers.

I like Apollo quite a bit myself. Cheers!

Not lame. I am always looking for those fine distinctions between hops. I have not used Apollo, but love simcoe, so this might make my "give it a try" list. Thanks for your thoughts.

I've heard some people call Apollo "Super Columbus". I've used it before and get similar flavors to Columbus. I like it!

The other night at a Nut Brown brew, I got to try an Apollo IPA that was just super.
Calculated at 130 IBUs, niiiiice bitter, seemed citrusy Lemon, low after-taste.

Back