Apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryb127

Reaction score
I have a couple questions, I searched on the site but couldn't find what I wanted to know.
My 1st batch has been sitting for 2 months and I wanted to bottle it this weekend. Do I have to degas? If so should I rack and let it sit for another month after degassing?
Or can I just bottle it straight from the carboy? I want to bottle it to wine bottles and cork it, is that ok? It seems like alot of people keg it, all I have is wine equipment. Thanks in advance!

Last night I bottled mine in 500 ml plastic beer bottles I racked it to a bottling bucket, and added 3/4 cup of sugar. When I did that it foamed up a bit and when it settled I bottled. I'm hoping it will carbonate and give me a nice product.

I think it need to have no fermentation to cork.

I'd rack it then bottle it in a couple of weeks.

Seeing your using glass probley stabilize it then bottle. If you wanted to then back sweeten it. You don't want bomb going off.

Latest posts

Back