Apfelwein with Cherry Bounce

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacGuffin

Reaction score
I have 6 gallons of Ed's Apfelwein and want to split 3 gallons onto a secondary with about 1/4 of a pint of Cherry Bounce I made around 2 yrs ago. The bounce concoction is made with Evan Williams Cherry Bourbon and some cherries. I threw a few cinnamon sticks in the 1/4 pint a few weeks ago. I used Lalvin EC-1118 on the Apfelwein and it seems to have run its course after 40 some days in the primary.

Has anyone had some success in aging a cider like this?
I haven't done a gravity reading yet, but will the addition of the Bounce restart fermentation?

No. With the high abv of the bourbon you can add that in with out refermentation. If you like strong cinnamon flavor, this will probally taste pretty good to you right away. Letting it sit will mellow it a bit over the next year or so. Good luck!

No. With the high abv of the bourbon you can add that in with out refermentation. If you like strong cinnamon flavor, this will probally taste pretty good to you right away. Letting it sit will mellow it a bit over the next year or so. Good luck!

Back