Apfelwein/Cider Knock-Off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakdaou

Reaction score
Thinking of sticking to the edwort recipe for apfelwein with a few twist nothing major, quick two questions though, will cotes de blanc work? And if i toss in some cinamon sticks during pre-boil will it hold the cinamon flavor after bottling and into consumption?
On a side note my cyser has been getting good reviews from friends trying it, thanks to all here who helped, this cyser was my first ever brew, and im aging two bottles in the fridge to save for later. Hopefully they get better with age.

For the best cinnamon flavor, I'd wait until after the primary fermentation, then add 1 or 2 to the fermenter, and when it achieves the flavor you want, bottle.

What if i am not really big into secondaries?(for a couple small maybe...? ridiculous reasons, but im sticking to them) Then should i put them in with primary, will this hurt fermentation, or should i preboil/heat all ingredients let cool then toss?

I've got a batch that should be ready in about a week that has 3 sticks in it that I tossed in during primary. It didnt seem to hurt the fermentation at all

Back