Apartment Living: Bacon Cheeseburgers on the Weber Q and a Guiness Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSMikeD

Reaction score
I broke out the Weber Q yesterday that was under a pile of leaves after at least a 5 year hiatus (I love Weber.
That Q cleaned up real easy to my delight). At one point I owned a Weber 22 kettle, a Weber 4 burner summit gassser, a 18 WSM, a 22 WSM an Akorn Kamado, a 6ft Johnny charcoal grill, a La Caja China pig cooker and a commercial Cookshack Fast Eddy 120 and a trailer to hold it all and transport. (Competitions and catering).

some concessions have been made to accommodate apartment living. Cookers have been sold, the Fast Eddy is in storage but the 22 WSM is still with me. I charcoal grill on a Smokey Joe and for beer, I small batch 2.5 gals on an Anvil Foundry 6.5.

While I am a charcoal snob, It’s not particularly convenient in an apartment front porch. But that Q on the other hand.

52BAF0DA-7E70-4D35-ABFE-D20137AEA11D.jpeg

Not quite the same as charcoal, but for a quick Tuesday night bacon cheeseburger it was Kismet.

Look at those grates - I was not expecting them to clean up so easily with just a with a quick vinegar and steel brush cleaning and then a seasoning burn. That Q has to be more than 15 years old at this point. Maybe 20+

And the Guiness clone exceeded expectations.

Downsizers, share your brew and BBQ accommodations for apartment/limited space living.

Latest posts

Back