APA with noble hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cweston

Reaction score
A friend of mine described an APA he had at a brewpub and really liked--he wondered if I could recommend similar beers available in bottles.

It was a very pale-colored APA, and the folks there said that it used Hallertauer and Saaz for finish hops. My friend described it as a touch bread/biscuity and not too bitter. It seemed to be a spring/summer seasonal at this brewpub.

Any thoughts on bottled beers that might be like this? This guy is not a big beer drinker, so I'd like to be able to make some suggestions for him. Aren't many of Sam Adam's brews hopped with Hallertauer?

Interesting, I was just thinking about doing something like that. I also want, when I get into lagering, to make a pilsner with Cascade hops. Sorry though, I know of no commercial examples of either of these beers. Sounds like a great idea, though.

Back