anything wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damo

Reaction score
my second batch of beer is in primary at the moment but there is no bubbles coming through the airlock the same thing happened with my first batch
will this effect any main components i need if air is obviously getting in somewhere. fermentation is happening because ichecked gravity
og 1042
4 days in primary

I bet that your lid isn't airtight and the co2 is leaking out around the lid, instead of the airlock. As long as fermentation is happening, though, you're fine!

Just make sure the lid and/or stopper is on well.

makebeerathome said:
You can get a lid with a gasket on it for about 3 bucks if yours doesn't have a seal around it here.

it does have a seal around it but im just wondering if air can get in it would ruin the batch wouldnt it?

damo said:
it does have a seal around it but im just wondering if air can get in it would ruin the batch wouldnt it?

Your beer will be fine, the CO2 being release in fermentation is keeping it safe for you. Having a leaky lids seems to happen more times than not. It's not a problem at all.

Once you transfer this batch and clean the bucket blow into the airlock bushing and see if it is leaking. If so get another lid as the gasket may be damaged.

DRAGGER.....

Back