Illinois Anything going on in Chicago next weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Going to hang out at a hotel by the airport during the Supernatural Convention (Chicon). I'll have plenty of downtime as well, and wondered if there was anything interesting going on nearby. I may try to hit a local brewery at some point.

That would be great if I liked jazz! I really should like it, but I never got into the freeform nature of it.

A guy at work suggested Uber for getting around. More than train prices, but less than taxi. I'll have to look around and see what's what. I just don't know exactly when I'll be free to getting around.

There is plenty of stuff to do every weekend. I know there is a German Fest, and a Mexico-fest. There is a Wine-tasting thing downtown. Sox are hosting the KC Royals.

If you do a google on Chicago Events Calendar, you will get several options...some of those sites concentrate on theatre, some on cultural/arts, and some are just general concerts and sports.

With you being out near the ORD airport, there is a newer HofBrau House. I have not tried it yet but want to check out. My wife wants to go to that new outlet mall near there, too.

The El Train takes you all the way downtown for only a couple bucks, and it goes every 10-15 minutes.
Uber is good once you get downtown. I like to walk it, take in the scenery.

BTW, once you get closer to the city, there are a ton of microbreweries. Revolution I hear has great food, Lagunitas is unusual and a fun tour, and Goose Island has their "experimental tap room" with some good stuff.

I ended up basically staying in the Hotel playing Pokemon and watching football.

In the end I just didn't feel like traveling across town my myself to drink beer by myself. They had the same old Revolution Anti-Hero IPA and Two Brothers Red Rye at the hotel bar. Still good beers, but I was hoping for something different.

I planned on stopping somewhere to pick up some local bottles, but forgot by the time we left and we basically hit the highway and stayed on it until we got to Holland, MI (Had to sample a beer I helped brew there a few weeks ago.)

At least the Lions won!

Homercidal, let me know the next time you come to Chicago. I have multiple breweries and time to show a fellow brewer around!

Latest posts

Back