Anyone With Experience with WLP037?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Krausen sticks on top for a long time. It doesn't mean it's still actively fermenting though. I've found that fermentation is done after about ten days or so despite the persistent krausen. Just rack underneath it.

To me, it is like wy1469 for the same reason. It has a great profile. I'm not sure I could tell the difference between the two.
Ok cool. Blow off tube bubbles about once every minute or so but my gravity hasn't really changed. I have never really seen a yeast do this before, but if this is typical then I will go ahead and rack it.
As a side note: the gravity readings have been awesome, and it is a fairly simple grain bill so I think it is in large part due to this yeast.

So after pitching at 66F and aerating with pure o2 for 30 seconds, activity kicked off at around 8 hours. Not as aggressive a fermenter as wlp002, but chugging along nicely.

To me, it is like wy1469 for the same reason. It has a great profile. I'm not sure I could tell the difference between the two.

Uh oh, looks like when I fire up 1469 I should resurrect 037 for direct comparison. On second thought, maybe I should pitch 1968 and 1882 (Thames Valley II) as well on the same beer. Too many yeast strains!

14thstreet said:
Uh oh, looks like when I fire up 1469 I should resurrect 037 for direct comparison. On second thought, maybe I should pitch 1968 and 1882 (Thames Valley II) as well on the same beer. Too many yeast strains!

Do it if you can. The only thing I could tell the difference with was the clarity. 1469 would not clear for me while wlp037 was really clear. Because if this I'm sure they are different critters. I wish I would have done a side-by-side with these. The profiles, both fermentation and esters, seemed the same to me though.

Back