Anyone Using an IMAGE® PID TA4-RNR?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlyingSparge

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm adding PID's to my gas system and wondering if anyone has experience with this model? It will be running a Honeywell International VR8200A2132 Valve connected to a 14" banjo burner.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JWIDCE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AD7C755W08DM6&psc=1

61mx7HzQiNL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
The real brand of these is "Mypin". These, and Rex PIDs are all over eBay - you may be able to get these for much less (don't know how many counterfeits are out there, though.)

Gotcha. That would make sense. Probably comes out of the same factory, lol. That being said, I'm going for the MYPIN brand name since it's same price unless there's better options out there.

The real brand of these is "Mypin". These, and Rex PIDs are all over eBay - you may be able to get these for much less (don't know how many counterfeits are out there, though.)
Actually none... unlike the rex pids the mypins are not fake clones of some japanese brand pretending to be as such... and unlike the chinese made auber pids the mypins are distributed direct for about half the cost.. They arent fakes that claim to be japanese made they are just an honest chinese made pid that doesnt imply anything else at a good cost.even the ones sold by newegg as a different brand still stay mypin on the face as does that "Image?" brand one so..

I have used quite a few of them and never had a single issue with any of them.. I also have a rex c100 fake and I can tell you your comparing apples to oranges here. (ironically the auber units use the same cases as the chinese rex clones do) there are also auber clones like the xmt612 which are not really the same as the american designed auber units just made over in china for higher profit but work as such.

I only used the SSR control mypin pids though since I use them for electric and they need fast switching (SNR and SRR I believe)... the RNR is the same only set up for relay use with slower on off control which I believe is all you need.

sestos and inkbird also make good low cost pids to consider as well. I have an inkbird sitting here on my desk for a smoker project I need to start.

...there are also auber clones like the xmt612 which are not really the same as the american designed auber units just made over in china for higher profit but work as such....

From what I've been able to find, I believe that Auber is simply branding an existing Chinese PID. With the exception of the EZ Boil, I've found other sources for anything that Auber sells (at least the stuff I've looked for.)

From what I've been able to find, I believe that Auber is simply branding an existing Chinese PID. With the exception of the EZ Boil, I've found other sources for anything that Auber sells (at least the stuff I've looked for.)
For just about everything except this pids and temp controller I would agree as I've found the same but I've read they actually designed the pids and temp controllers.

For just about everything except this pids and temp controller I would agree as I've found the same but I've read they actually designed the pids and temp controllers.

Have you heard that from anyone but Auber? I think that they would like us to believe that they design the stuff, but I have my doubts, at least in the case of the PIDs.

The REX pids only read celsius and are only RNR ok for honewells, not good for electric brewery. I bought one, they are junk. I use mypin ta4 rnr with honewells and pt100s, they work flawless. Remember to calibrate your temp probes, and always use the same probe with the same pid.

The REX pids only read celsius and are only RNR ok for honewells, not good for electric brewery. I bought one, they are junk. I use mypin ta4 rnr with honewells and pt100s, they work flawless. Remember to calibrate your temp probes, and always use the same probe with the same pid.

The fake version I have works with a pt100 and ssr ... There are lots of chinese made fakes and the only thing they seem to have in common is they suck, only read celcius and the case... I replaced mine with a mypin after a few months of use... I laughed when the box it came in said made in japan but it clearly shipped to me from china...

seriously though there is a thread here comparing the aubers to the auber clones and even the different versions of rex clones.. the internals are totally different.

Back