Anyone use thes grain mills?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the non-adjustable one for about 6 or 7 years. It fits on a standard 5 gallon bucket nicely but I have it mounted to a rolling cart that houses alot of my small accessories. I fabed a grain shute out of a piece of air duct and also made a hopper from an old 5 gallon water bottle. I run it with an electric drill and can get 10 lbs crushed in about a minute. I try to run it as slow as possible in order to not pulvervize my grain into flour. Overall, I am pretty satified with it. The only thing that I didn't like is the rubber oring on the non-driven roller. It broke after about 10 uses and ended up in my crushed grain. For the price i say its totally worth it and if i ordered a new one it woud be the gear driven model. Cheers!

Schmidling is one of, if not the, first roller mill for homebrewers...I would imagine there is a reason they have been around so long....thumbs up by default:mug:

I've heard more positives than negatives about the MaltMill. I'd lean towards the adjustable myself for more control over the crush. Use the search function and I'm sure someone's posted their thoughts on it.

I went with a MonsterMill after all my research but that's just me. I'm sure this would work just fine.

I have the bare bones adjustable with the gear option that I use with a gear drive motor.

Don't let their circa 1995 website scare you. Works great, really no complaints.

When I priced it, I found it cheapest to get direct from JSP as opposed to Northern Brewer or some of the retailers.

Back