Anyone use the Bayou SP1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noisy123

Reaction score
Its sold here:
Amazon.com: Bayou Classic SP1 Jet Cooker: Patio, Lawn & Garden
and seems like a pretty good deal. I found threads comparing this to a KAB5 but no one in that thread had used this burner.

Bayou's description of the SP1:
"The Bayou Classic High Pressure Propane Jet Burner produces 185,000 BTUS of heat out of a single jet. This propane jet burner includes a flame spreader, unlike their competitor’s burners. Use the flame spreader on the jet burner in the closed position for pan frying or steaming. Use the flame spreader on the jet burner in the open position for deep fryer or boiling. The Bayou Classic High Pressure Propane Jet Burner with small and large stock pots. The Bayou Classic High Pressure Propane Jet Burner measures 12 inches tall. The cooking surface measures 14 inches in diameter. It includes a 20 PSI regulator and reaches 185,000 BTUs. The hose on the regulator kit measures 48 inches long."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use one now, but I had one. It will definately do the job, but it sounds like a jet taking off. You really notice it when you get a little way away from it. However, it does deliver as promised. - Dwain

Back