Anyone use DROK Multimeter or similar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes I as well as many here use them... mine works very well I have both this and the multicolored display model (ebay) these are much easier to wire than the old complicated ones used in the electric brewery buildsheet from years ago.. Those require a DC power converter just to power the meters.

Seeing the wattage your elements are actually putting out and the total amount of power thats used in a typical brew session is nice too.

yes I as well as many here use them... mine works very well I have both this and the multicolored display model (ebay) these are much easier to wire than the old complicated ones used in the electric brewery buildsheet from years ago.. Those require a DC power converter just to power the meters.

Seeing the wattage your elements are actually putting out and the total amount of power thats used in a typical brew session is nice too.

Thanks Augie!

Hi Augie,

I wonder if you would share how you wired this meter up. It seems the donut works in place of the shunt required by the models in Kal's build. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what the shunt i is for.

I guess the amp, volt, energy draw to be measured would be the hot off the main power?

Thanks!!!

Hi Augie,

I wonder if you would share how you wired this meter up. It seems the donut works in place of the shunt required by the models in Kal's build. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what the shunt i is for.

I guess the amp, volt, energy draw to be measured would be the hot off the main power?

Thanks!!!
One of the hot wires needs to pass through the donut and it senses the current draw wirelessly. The unit itself is powered from the 240v hot wires... Thats it.

Back