Anyone Use Beermanmicrobrewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxerbrew

Reaction score
I got my beerman microbrewery yesterday and have been reading this site for about a week as I've been getting excited about joining the world of homebrew!!
I brewed my first batch yesterday(EDME devilish red ale). The instructions say no-boil and the kit only comes with one bucket which is a fermenter and bottling bucket all in one. It says ferment is for about a week and bottle and wait. Does anyone have experience with these kits and what I can expect? It was bubbling in the fermenter after about 9 hours of pitching yeast, but I keep reading about this 1-2-3 principle?

I assume beerman microbrewery is a beer kit? Edit: I just Googled "Beerman" and I see it is a general set-up/ It looks good, but if you are like too many of us around here, you will soon be wanting more and more and more gear until you have a whole garage full of stainless steel, but I wouldn't know anything about any of that. I borrowed my first set-up from a neighbor!

Anyway, welcome and good luck. I do think there are some posts on this topic. Do a search under "beerman" and see what you come up with. Boxerbrew, where do you live and so forth?

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I know I will be wanting more and more stuff. Just looking around here, I'm thinking I want to start a batch of Edworts Apfelwein!! I checked out the recipe and I see that most people mention it. I'm in Michigan. Go Wolverines!!!

Well I currently have my third batch in my beerman. I have been very happy with the results thus far. There are a few things that I will tell you.

1. Do not go by the times that he lists in his instructions. 7-10 days in the fermenter and 7-10 in the bottle is way to short of a time for these beers. My first two batches I left in the fermenter for 3 weeks. I then let them age in the bottle for 3 more weeks. Trust me you will be glad if you do this.

2. Don't be put off by the color of your beers. The first two batches I did where a plisner ale, and a porter. Believe it or not the two beers had the same color. The porter was a little darker, but not much.

3. Like I said give them time. They are very sweet and very green when they are first bottle. Just as an example, I started the pilsner on 1/3. They have finally got to the point where they are very good. The sweetness is almost normal, the bitterness is starting to come through, they have a much better mouthfeel, and even though it is still there the extract twang is not nearly as bad.

So I think you will be very happy, just try to be patient, it is hard, but worth it.

Oh and just so you know, since my SWMBO got me the kit for Christmas, I have just about spent close to $300 in more equipment and other items. This will be my last beerman kit. I should have everything I need Thursday to do my first extract/steeping grains. I don't regret doing beerman, it got me into the hobby.

Sorry this was so long, I just wanted to impart my wisdom. So welcome to HBT and welcome to the obsession that is homebrew!

Thanks for the tips brewguy!! Its good you told me that. I brewed yesterday and was planning to bottle next Sunday(about 8 days). I will take your advice and wait and extra couple weeks in the primary.

Back