Anyone remove the freezer from their fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shemp

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old (think Honeymooners) GE fridge as my kegerator with a tiny built in freezer, like the dorm fridge's. If I can remove the freezer portion, I can fit 3 corny's in there. I believe the freezer is made by just adding more coolant loops to the freezer section. I dont want to cut and solder because I'll lose all my refrigerant. Any suggestions?

I just waited for my balls to reach full extent and then pushed my freezer tubes out of the way. I was worried, but I needed to do it, and it worked. It's a risk you take but will likely work fine if you just bend the tubes.

I have an old (think Honeymooners) GE fridge as my kegerator with a tiny built in freezer, like the dorm fridge's. If I can remove the freezer portion, I can fit 3 corny's in there. I believe the freezer is made by just adding more coolant loops to the freezer section. I dont want to cut and solder because I'll lose all my refrigerant. Any suggestions?

So you want to take the fridge out of the fridge? You are going to kill that fridge. I'll take it as is where are you located?

Back