Anyone out there recalibrate their Keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeehillbrewer

Reaction score
I know it's possible to recalibrate the temps on a freezer. Just curious if anyone on here has done that. I found a little bit of stuff online, and it sounds as simple as adjusting a screw, but that seems a little too good to be true. I have a GE 7.0 cu ft. I'll be building a shell around this thing, plus I still have to get all my taps,more kegs,Co2, etc. So if I can keep the cost down a little without ruining the freezer I'd like to at least give it a shot.

If you mean buying a new thermostat (with higher temp set points) and replacing the existing one, yes you could do that. Better off buying a Johnson, Ranco or Love controller and maintaining the correct temps that way.

I mean adjusting the freezers stock thermostat for higher temps.

I don't believe that's possible. I know some kegerators have an adjustment screw that will lower their temps a bit. I can't see being able to adjust a freezers temp up 30 degrees or more.

yeah your going to have to either buy an external controller like a ranco/johnson etc or find a vending service tech and get a different internal thermostat.

Mine has a screw to adjust the temps. The warmest temp is way too cold. Like everyone said, I think you will need to buy an external controller or replace the internal thermostat.

It wont hurt to try and adjust it up all the way. Put a glass of water in there or something so you can test the running temp after a couple of hours. Mine had a dial instead of a screw and it was still way too cold.

The thermostats you find in there are mechanical and rely on the pressure in a capillary tube to fire the compressor. So you don't have the kind of range you normally do with an electrical thermostat.

Back