Anyone know of a good HBS in St. Louis MO?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawgman

Reaction score
I want to drive into St. Louis tomorrow and thought I would pick up a brew for the fourth.

Anyone know of a good supply supply store there?

If you are in west county, st. louis wine and beermaking has a pretty good selection and great prices.

If you're looking for a specialty beer store, either friar tuck's, in st. charles, fenton, and crestwood. Or if you are in west county, lukas liquor. Both have an excellent selection.

If your looking to get just beer and not supplies go to The Wine and Cheese place is awesome. If your looking for homebrew supplied I second St. Louis Wine and Beer making they have a great store

Lukas' Liquors rocks! I gotta tell ya, I'm from Florida and we don't even have a store that comes close to Lukas' for selection and price. Every time I visit St. Louis, a trip to Lukas' is on the agenda to stock up on micros.

dont know where you are driving from, but there is now a store in jackson/fruitland area. keeps us southern boys from having to drive an hour and a half to the city

Went to the homebrew shop in Chesterfield?. All in all it was ok but holy crap was it expensive. Their grain mill was broke and I ended up with broken blisters from making it work.

Good service and nice guys but not at all what I am used to. I think I'll check out the HBS in Ozark next. Online their prices seem alot better.

There is another hbs across the river in belleville IL that is pretty good and a little cheaper, and you can buy grains by the ounce instead of pounds.

There is another hbs across the river in belleville IL that is pretty good and a little cheaper, and you can buy grains by the ounce instead of pounds.

I'm planning a trip over to Dave's Homebrew probably this weekend. Chesterfield is just too far a drive.

st. louis wine and beer making is really expensive and both times i have been there, the people have been jerks. worms way has lots of great stuff too, but again, it's a little pricey (very friendly and knowledgable staff though). i order all my expensive stuff even though i hate to not buy local, but come one, it's half the cost! when i just need to grab a few things, i head to friar tucks in fenton; the employees don't usually know squat about brewing, but great prices. the beer selection is out of this world too!

STL wine and beer has been good to me. They've almost always got what I'm looking for, except for hops like Simcoe that hardly anyone else has either. The people there are friendly and know what they are doing, too. Prices are a little high compared to the big online retailers, but it's not anything extortionate, and they make up for it with good service.

I stopped going to worm's way years ago when their hop selection was a few one-ounce packages of cascade.

I haven't tried the friar tuck's in fenton, but the one in crestwood is very convenient for me and they're good for picking up small items when you find yourself missing something on short notice. They don't have a great selection of base malt or liquid yeast, but their hop selection isn't bad. They are also open a little later than STL wine and beer, which saved me the time I broke my only empty 6-gallon carboy on a Sunday evening twenty minutes before the end of my boil.

Back