Anyone know how to change the water/Grain Ratio in Beersmith 2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The title says it all. I'm trying to change the water/grain ratio in BS, and can't find a way to easily do it.

I posted on facebook and got this back-

on your mash details tab, double click on your mash step and it's in there... If you goto the profiles menu, click mash profiles, and then double click the individual steps you can change the ratio permanently for that saved mash profile.

But I'm missing something- I don't see anything about water to grain ratio in the mash details tab. This is all I see.

BS2_copy.jpg

But if I double click on the step water/grain shows up but it is not changable there.

BS22copy.jpg

As you can see everything else is white, and changeable, but that, which is gray.

Any ideas?

What is this, the great Revvy asking, instead of answering, questions?!?!? My head is spinning right now and I think I might need to lied down!!!

Hey, I never stop learning...I learn new stuff on here everyday, I just usually do it by using the search button or looking at new posts.
;)

And I did search before starting this thread.....

Even before the "fix" you could change it by adjusting the amount of water and it would change. The update makes it easier for us who expect to just be able to make the ratio and have the volume update.

Which build is it in? I have 2.0.41 and I can't find it, but I am new to BS.
Jeff

Found it. BS is not very intuitive for me. Hopefully once I get it set things will be easier.
Jeff

Thanks. I'll get the latest. I bought the CD so that I wouldn't have to download (I tether my phone), but I see it isn't too big of a file.

Back