Anyone just feel that earthquake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
We're not used to them here in Statesville, NC? Nothing big, but the windows were shaking a bit. Wild!

5.8 in VA

280_40.gif

We felt in Manhattan. Ppl are going nuts. I grew up in Cali, i dont see what the big deal is. ;)

We felt in Manhattan. Ppl are going nuts. I grew up in Cali, i dont see what the big deal is. ;)

Yeah, kind of used to them every once in a while.

Apparently there was another moderate earthquake in Southern Colorado earlier (5.3). If one hits Nebraska, I'm calling it.

I think you're on to something here. It's probably a result of the massive gravitational forces being placed on the crust by the dark matter comet that is currently hurtling towards earth...or it could just be coincidence...nah!!!

I felt it here at work big time. Went on for about 45 sec. Everyone in my building felt it. It was enough to make me sea sick. I'm all the way up here in northern CT!

Apparently there was another moderate earthquake in Southern Colorado earlier (5.3). If one hits Nebraska, I'm calling it.

I felt that one in Colorado Springs last night about 200 miles from where it originated.

All due to Fracking!

its those oil and gas companies. if you dont watch it they'll frack you right in the gashole. :D

They evacuated a lot of buildings here in DC, neighbor had a few bricks fall off of his aging chimney. Then I get home and 2 of my pellicles dropped!

What if the earthquake oxidized my beer!!! Should I dump it?

(Sorry, just got back in my building to get my keys post quake. Little slap happy. Lesson learned, keys always go in pocket.)

Felt it pretty good in our office building in Glen Burnie Maryland. I talked to a girl who fell into the wall secondary to being off balance. She was in some pretty good pain. Some folks were crying. I'm not gonna lie, I was scared the building was going to collapse with the way it was shaking. It was definately something that got me a little shakey myself. Nobody felt safe to go back into the building. I closed the office and sent everyone home.

Felt it a little in Cincinnati. Felt like someone was gently shaking my chair for a few seconds. No big deal, everyone just kind of looked at each other, like "did you feel that?"

Have to agree with the Cali people...

What earthquake? Try a Japanese quake sometimes...

new england can't handle a medium sized earthquake, because they almost never happen there. i wonder, however, the sheer pandomonium that would occur if southern cali got....i don't know...let's say 5" of snow!
just trying to put things in perspective for everybody.

Everyone does understand that the soil in CA is very different than in VA, and that this has a huge impact on how far the earthquake travels, right?

Like frydogbrews said above, it's like Anaheim getting a bunch of snow. The world would end if that happened.

They're evacuating buildings in Manhattan for some reason. I'm in Brooklyn and didn't feel it, but everyone I work with did and ran out of the building.

What a bunch of Mary's. In Socal we don't even call it an earthquake until well over 6.0 and everything falls off the walls.

My uncle who moved to LA called me laughing at all the losers who couldn't handle the 1" of snow they got, what, 2 years ago? I can also think of a not-so-odd reason why people in Manhattan high rises might be jittery about the floor shaking...

Crap....I am so dissapointed I slept right through it. :mad: Happened right after I went to bed too. But then again that bottle of Chimay I drank to top off the Natural Lights I drank earlier didn't help either. I was already wobbly. :D:

I work nights 10pm-6am so drinking to the morning news is common now. :mug:

When I lived in CA for a breif time I thought I experienced an earthquake. I was working at Vandenburg AFB at the time so my apartment was nearby. I was falling to sleep when my window began to rattle a bit. Turns out they did a missile test that night. No mention the next day of earthquake and launch was at same time as rattle :(

Hey, we had a small earthquake here last night!!! I think we just wanted to be a part of all the fun. Unfortunately, pretty minor, woke me up, but I realized it was an earthquake and not someone in my house. So, I went back to sleep.

Back