Anyone in the Marshall MN area want to do a bulk malt buy and do a pickup in MPLS at NB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryB

Reaction score
I use a LOT of golden promise and shipping is a killer. The guys in Marshall can't order it so I am stuck with NB prices...

So does anyone want to go in and buy enough malt to make a trip up and back with my pickup pay? I would be getting 3-4 sacks of GP myself(enough for 3-5 months of brewing...)

I wasn’t able to find Golden Promise in 55lb sacks on NB. What are they charging?

I’ve stopped shopping there since the AbInbev partnership. I go to Brew and Grow in Spring Lake Park now. They look like they are charging $89 for a sack. Although last time I bought a sack in the store I think it was $65.

If nobody takes you up on your offer I might be interested in delivering just for fun. I live in the Twin Cities. If you don’t get any takers send me a PM.

$70 a bag from NB, Midwest Supplies went to $90 but free shipping. It evens out to the same price either way...

I won't be buying until June probably I want 6 bags of GP on hand, that will get me through 6-8 months depending on how much friends drink... local "store"(just a few shelves in a hardware store) can't even order it but I can get 2 row there anyway and save shipping.

My back and making a trip in and out of the Twin Cities no longer agree, it is a 250 mile round trip from out here...

Looks like it's also $89 at Brew and Grow. That is where I've been shopping.

June may or may not work for me. We can play it by ear and you can let me know if you are interested.

Back