Anyone in Philadelphia want to send me some Russian River beers to Ohio?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks passedpawn. Thats good new, they are getting closer at least. Dont go to Philly but might be cheaper shipping. Will change that request to Philadephians ;^)

Thanks passedpawn. Thats good new, they are getting closer at least. Dont go to Philly but might be cheaper shipping. Will change that request to Philadephians ;^)

Well, I bought those almost 10 yrs ago, so it's possible the channel has dried up. Not sure.

I've drank at the santa rosa location several times. In fact, I closed the bar once and slept in the bed of a truck overnight in their parking lot, woke up to Vinnie Cilurzo's wife honking at me. At least that's who I think it was. Vinnie is the RR owner. I've corresponded with Vinnie several times. He's down to earth, a guy you'd like to drink with. He has posted on this forum.

Great story! And memory. Did you stash any for me and save them for 10 yrs just for this occasion? Keep reading about then in homebrew articles and sites. Are they as good as they are touted to be?

Great story! And memory. Did you stash any for me and save them for 10 yrs just for this occasion? Keep reading about then in homebrew articles and sites. Are they as good as they are touted to be?

Their sours are definitely in the Best category. Their vaunted Pliney IPA is good, but there are so many contenders now that I wouldn't go too far out of my way. Pizza at their spot in Santa Rosa is pretty good too :)

Wow! You mean I don't have to drive cross-country to get my PtE on?

This is the first time I ever heard of Russian River available on the East Coast, but now I see it's been 'available' for a while. A three hour drive to Philly sure beats a 10 day road trip. The wife and I took an extended months' long trip to wine country (Santa Barbara to Yakima) two years ago in Big Earl the Prairie Schooner (RV). Mid-point stop in Santa Rosa was mandatory, as was two cases of PtE for friends and family back east. SWMBO'd couldn't figure out why, in the days leading up to the Santa Rosa stop, that I kept putting off her 'suggestions' to restock Big Earl's refrigerator. Gotta' keep those beers properly chilled, ya' know.

The trip home required more frequent grocery store stops to re-provision due to the crowded fridge, but we must keep our priorities in order.

They are trying to make thier way out there...

where-to-get-our-beers-map.png

Back