Anyone here make sprouted breads using a Barley Crusher?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Something similar to the Ezekiel sprouted flour less bread? If so I want to talk to you. I recently came upon this tasty stuff but @ $6/loaf it gets kinda costly and cuts into my beer budget :p. I am thinking that I can use my BC to mill the grains into a flour in order to make the bread. I just need to know what gap setting on my mill will yield the best results. Also any personal experiences and recipes is also appreciated.

TIA
Zman

Do you bake bread much already? Sprouted grain flour is not the easiest thing to work with. If I recall, homebrew roller mills tend to gum up when set tight enough to make flour. You can buy sprouted wheat flour, but it's spendy.

Do you bake bread much already? Sprouted grain flour is not the easiest thing to work with. If I recall, homebrew roller mills tend to gum up when set tight enough to make flour. You can buy sprouted wheat flour, but it's spendy.

I do bake. Not as much as I homebrew but I am interested in experimenting. I am looking into the sprouted flour route, Thanks! It is more $$ than conventional flour but cheaper than a grain mill

Back