Anyone have experience with this kettle for BIAB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOVA Brewer

Reaction score
Hi all -

Recently moved to a new house (well, last summer) and ready to start brewing again. Previously an extract brewer with a couple dozen successful brews under my belt, but now the new house has a large garage, plus a shed, plus a large driveway. Might be time to go BIAB...

To that end I've been looking at swapping out some of my brewing equipment. I've got my eye on this 15 gallon kettle on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085H7J1TP/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

It's already got a "...built-in detachable valve spigot with 1-inch diameter drain to flow liquid out" - looks like a threaded spigot that can take a screw-on adapter to the outside to make draining into the fermenter a bit easier.

Anyone have this? Or maybe some thoughts on whether or not this would be a good investment? I'm willing to buy a kettle and install my own spigot but this might be easier...
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 6.10.42 PM.png

Wow, $52 for a 60 qt kettle w basket, valve, and free shipping!

Those Chinese are amazing how cheap / inexpensive they can make a product!!!

Certainly not on par with the more expensive kettles, but they are 3-5 times the price :)...so I won’t bother listing all the reasons why an expensive kettle makes the owner more proud [emoji4]

I’m not a fan of baskets for BIAB, but you can use the basket for steaming lobsters[emoji4]

Valve might be on the cheap side but can be replaced if needed.

Price is unbelievable....that’s only like $40 plus $12 shipping...
Looks like a bargain...

Back