Anyone going to order one or some of these?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting. There are a few strains in there I would like to try. I will definitely be getting in on this and to be honest, I would be quite surprised if they didn't hit 250 on all of these, some may just take a little longer than others. Thanks for bringing this up, I haven't read the new Zymurgy yet so was unaware.

Didn't see it before, there's a counter telling you how many more are needed to hit 250 in the description if each yeast

I recently brewed a Helles with WLP835 - German Lager X. The strain is purportedly from Andechs Monastery just outside Munich. I traveled there once in the late 90's and their Spezial Hell and Export Dunkel were the best beers I'd ever had. That may still be true.

I tasted the final gravity sample yesterday and it was heavenly. Very smooth maltiness with subtle floral hops from the Hallertau Mittelfrueh. I fined with gelatin and it's currently lagering at 34*. I'll probably keg and get it on gas today.

Incidentally, I split a 12g batch between 835 and 833 and am looking forward to comparing. The 833 sample was also quite awesome and presented the hops as somewhat spicy. I may have picked up a bit of hop/trub with my thief, so am looking forward to seeing how it presents after fining and lagering for a bit.

I recently brewed a Helles with WLP835 - German Lager X. The strain is purportedly from Andechs Monastery just outside Munich. I traveled there once in the late 90's and their Spezial Hell and Export Dunkel were the best beers I'd ever had. That may still be true.

I tasted the final gravity sample yesterday and it was heavenly. Very smooth maltiness with subtle floral hops from the Hallertau Mittelfrueh. I fined with gelatin and it's currently lagering at 34*. I'll probably keg and get it on gas today.

Incidentally, I split a 12g batch between 835 and 833 and am looking forward to comparing. The 833 sample was also quite awesome and presented the hops as somewhat spicy. I may have picked up a bit of hop/trub with my thief, so am looking forward to seeing how it presents after fining and lagering for a bit.

Kegged the Helles and got them on gas. Both batches are sublime. Can't wait to see how they improve with some lagering. The WLP835 imparts a rich, malty flavor with seemingly many levels to the malt taste. Hops are light and floral.

Back