Anyone familiar with this kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is its made in the factory next door to the bayou classic one. From the same pile of steel.

I would stick with the Bayou Classic for the lower end pot (it's what I use, no issues, drilled in a valve, there are no moving parts, etc. But the reason is they have something called customer service.

They had a problem with some of their 8 gallon kettles a few years ago, if you contacted them, they took care of the problem. They are making decent kettles at a decent price at a decent quality level. (but nobody is going to confuse a 70 dollar bayou classic price with a Spike)

+ that one has riveted handles. cheap pot + riveted handles can mean leaks.

Good price on that pot. I paid $60 for a second hand aluminum 10 gal/40 qt pot last summer.

I say go for it!

I would stick with the Bayou Classic for the lower end pot (it's what I use, no issues, drilled in a valve, there are no moving parts, etc. But the reason is they have something called customer service.

They had a problem with some of their 8 gallon kettles a few years ago, if you contacted them, they took care of the problem. They are making decent kettles at a decent price at a decent quality level. (but nobody is going to confuse a 70 dollar bayou classic price with a Spike)

+ that one has riveted handles. cheap pot + riveted handles can mean leaks.

Yea I wondered whether it was worth buying it for the extra quart since I already have the 44 qt bayou. I did ask the seller and they said it is 304 stainless with 1.2 mm thick walls and the steamer basket they said is a heavier metal with 4 legs and not the one that hangs from the sides. I do need to get a false bottom to keep the bag off the element and just wondered if this might be the better route to go. Thanks

Back