Anyone ever play FLIPPY CUP?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing like playing beer pong and having flip cup going along the sides of the table.

Ugh, last time I played flip cup, it was by strip rules. It was at the end of an eighteen hour day of drinking that featured my first and only trip to the rennaissamce fair, being struck by an errant sofa on the highway, the premiere of an indy film in which I had a tiny role, an after party at my house, and some good-natured graffiti. Awesome as it was at the time, I still have scars from the months-long fallout of that day.

Was it flip-cup's fault? No.

Will I ever play flip cup again? No.

Ugh, last time I played flip cup, it was by strip rules. It was at the end of an eighteen hour day of drinking that featured my first and only trip to the rennaissamce fair, being struck by an errant sofa on the highway, the premiere of an indy film in which I had a tiny role, an after party at my house, and some good-natured graffiti. Awesome as it was at the time, I still have scars from the months-long fallout of that day.

Was it flip-cup's fault? No.

Will I ever play flip cup again? No.

Seriosly dude, that sound epic :mug:

I always liked flip cup because it was much more social than beer pong.

My group of friends always found a way to bastardize every game. We usually played charades flip cup. After every round, a new motion was thought up. The next people up would have to go through the entire set of motions before chugging their beer. It got pretty interesting when you were drunk trying to remember all of the moves after 10 rounds. After a while, everyone ended up yelling and acting out the moves at the starting people anyway. Fun times.

Boerderij Kabouter - we had a game in mid Missouri called boat races, but it was different from flip cup. An ice cube tray was filled with beer, and two competitors would race, using straws to suck up the beer from their side of the tray.

A much more evil version existed called "hurdles", in which a third party filled a random cube of each side with vodka instead of beer.

*sigh*... thank beer I don't drink liqour anymore.

Yep, I call them boat races. Just don't play with upper Michigan folk, they have wierd rules.

I went to college in upper michigan and we always played elimination rules.

teams of 4

losing team eliminates weakest member, thus forcing one remaining team member to take an additional turn.

repeat until a team runs out of members.

I always ended up being the last guy. :drunk:

I always liked flip cup because it was much more social than beer pong.

My group of friends always found a way to bastardize every game. We usually played charades flip cup. After every round, a new motion was thought up. The next people up would have to go through the entire set of motions before chugging their beer. It got pretty interesting when you were drunk trying to remember all of the moves after 10 rounds. After a while, everyone ended up yelling and acting out the moves at the starting people anyway. Fun times.
This is how we play as well. By far makes the game better!

No1likesme, I bet you flip your cups upside down too:rolleyes:

+1 on it being way more social than beruit. Nothing is more pleasing than tailgaiting college football and having three tables with 20 man teams all playing.

Another fun variation is teams of two with one person on the others back. The person getting piggy backed would act as the hands, first feeding the beer to the person holding him, then flipping the cup. Good times.

Flip cup is great because it involves more people than beer pong and gets people drunk more uniformly than 3 man

I was just introduced to this one a few months ago. If you use a few oz of beer instead of a full one, you can play all night and actually have quite a bit of fun.

I play sometimes, depending on the party I'm at. It's ok. Sometimes I play with a few ounces, sometimes half beers, sometimes full beers, sometimes with Hooch, and on one occasion a few ounces of Jim Beam Black Whiskey each game. I normally drink whiskey straight, however after 3 games rapid-fire I needed a sip of something else.

i don't know if it is considered upside down but when successful the cup is upside down. (i guess i don't know what the "normal" way is)

hmmmm..... that is the normal way. Most Michiganers I have played with start with the cup upside down then flip in around 360º. Such silliness. It is a much less elegant flip.

hmmmm..... that is the normal way. Most Michiganers I have played with start with the cup upside down then flip in around 360º. Such silliness. It is a much less elegant flip.

that does seem silly.

I haven't seen anyone do it that way before (unless they were too :drunk: to know the difference)

Back