Anyone ever had this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirdeye

Reaction score
I know this is a home brewing forum, but Im fermenting my very first batch, so Im still forced to drink someone else's brew. I gotta say, If I was stranded on a desert island and could only chose one beer, it would be this one. Yum. Its like drinking fermented potpourri or something.

9$/six-pack

20070430__20070502_F2_FEXXFDBEER~p1_100.JPG

:drunk: Haven't had that one, but I'm really liking Dogfish Head's 90min IPA right now.:drunk:

McKBrew said:
:drunk: Haven't had that one, but I'm really liking Dogfish Head's 90min IPA right now.:drunk:

Another great one. The 90 is what, 9$/4-pack? The 60 min is good too. Im into my fourth Odell's IPA. My head is getting warm. May be going into work a little late tomorrow.:drunk:

Thirdeye said:
Another great one. The 90 is what, 9$/4-pack? The 60 min is good too. Im into my fourth Odell's IPA. My head is getting warm. May be going into work a little late tomorrow.:drunk:

I paid almost 11 bucks for my 4-pack, still worth it.

McKBrew said:
I paid almost 11 bucks for my 4-pack, still worth it.

I put this in another thread, but I love the 90 min. IPA and am forever on the lookout for a place to by their 120 minute.

9/9 said:
I put this in another thread, but I love the 90 min. IPA and am forever on the lookout for a place to by their 120 minute.

Didnt even know they had a 120min. Jeez.

Thirdeye said:
OMG. I want it. Where do you get it?

I wish I knew. It is one of their "occasional brews" and no one around me ever carries it. Sometime I am going to have to drive up the east coast and visit the brewery.

9/9 said:
I wish I knew. It is one of their "occasional brews" and no one around me ever carries it. Sometime I am going to have to drive up the east coast and visit the brewery.

Yeah, only three releases in 07? I bet its 20$ for a six.

Thirdeye said:
Yeah, only three releases in 07? I bet its 20$ for a six.

Probably, but I would spend that much just for the experience (though probably not more than once).

9/9 said:
Probably, but I would spend that much just for the experience (though probably not more than once).

Well, I've had both the 60 and the 90 and I can assure you, if you try the Odelle's IPA, you will be inspired.

Thirdeye said:
Well, I've had both the 60 and the 90 and I can assure you, if you try the Odelle's IPA, you will be inspired.

Cool. I will keep an eye out for it.

The DFH 120 is the most ridiculous beer I've tried so far. Extreme hops with extreme malt.....yet, somehow balanced in a weird heavy way. Still too much though..almost too hard to handle. One beer was all I needed. You should definitely try this beer at least once. Not your everyday brew. I would be impressed if I saw someone drink 4 or 5 of these.

By the way, I bought a couple 12oz bottles. One to drink and one to age. $11 each......yeah.

Thirdeye said:

Wow, I only found it at one place in the south end of Seattle so far, and it was $11 for a 4 pack, or $3 per bottle. I purchased one bottle, and really was not fond of it at all, so I will save myself the money next time. That same night I sampled a Blue Moon Belgian White, and a Bridgeport Blue Heron Pale Ale, and enjoyed them much more.

Benny Blanco said:
The DFH 120 is the most ridiculous beer I've tried so far. Extreme hops with extreme malt.....yet, somehow balanced in a weird heavy way. Still too much though..almost too hard to handle. One beer was all I needed. You should definitely try this beer at least once. Not your everyday brew. I would be impressed if I saw someone drink 4 or 5 of these.

By the way, I bought a couple 12oz bottles. One to drink and one to age. $11 each......yeah.

That was how I felt about the 90... I did not hate it, I just did not like it. Not my thing.

A buddy who hates IPA's, because they are "too hoppy" LOVED the 90. He thought that all that sweetness was perfect to offset the hops. I felt like I needed a fork and knife, so I could cut it into bit size chunks.

Back