anyone else here snowmobile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerPressure

Reaction score
The trails open up in 17 days, and it cant come soon enough. the snow is falling and i am ready to get out there. Anyone else here into sledding as a winter time hobby?

We used to have a single Cyl. AMF Skidaddler when I was a lad. I know it did over 30 MPH on flat ground. It was pretty cool with orange body, black seat and blacked out hood with orange and yellow flames running up the front.

We used it to haul wood. Dad would cut, my sister and I would load up the homemade sled and pull it back to the truck. When the truck was full, dad would haul the wood back to the house and unload while my sister and I ran that snow machine around the property. Then he'd come back and pick us and the snowmobile up.

Yeah. Not like modern sledding.

I have a jeep and dread when the skidoo trails open.. But I respect when they do.. I've been know to jump on a sled or 2 in my time .. I might be old school but my fav. was my uncles 89' Yamaha Pahzer short track.. that thing had to weight next to nothing.. these big ole touring sled are nice but not he same.. need a winch when you get stuck!!

I used to do some pretty serious back country sledding in AK. Had a Polaris 750 RMK with what amounted to a deep paddle tank track. With the long track, it wasn't the fastest, but I figured out how to carve the powder with a big sled, and it would really get up and go across the lakes. I miss it!

...pansies...talking about groomed trails and short tracks...

I grew up running a modified Arctic Cat 440 JAG, rebuilt the poor thing 3 times, fun sled...

I used to go to VT every winter and run on the groomed trails through Windham VT on an Arctic F570

Love it, Miss it and I can't wait to own a sled again...

I have a ski-doo formula S that was given to me by my father when he bought a new one. It's only my second season into it, but i love it

Old neighbor had one when we were in junior high and highschool. When it snowed he'd pull it out and let all us neighborhood kids use it all day. Sometimes, he'd hookup a sled and pull us all around. Later found out he was drunk most of the time. Retired Sheriff. We flipped it once but he didn't care. His wife is a anesthesiologist and they are loaded. Hence, they owned a snowmobile when you MAYBE got enough snow to use one here once a year

I've been in Tennessee for 10 years, but when I lived in Michigan I LOVED snowmobiling. My last sled was an Arctic Cat ZRT 600. I've been all over the UP on that thing.

Latest posts

Back