Anyone doing family tastings for turkey day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lex990

Reaction score
My cousins are coming in from va an chi town for turkey day and we are all bringing brews from all over. After turkey and ham we are gonna watch some fooseball and taste some brews. Here's the list so far
Me
My pumpkin spiced ale.
My Nucking futty brown ale
My American bock
Stone brewing Arrogant bastard and smoked porter
Shipyard prelude
Rouge dead guy ale

Cousin 1
Allagash brewing tripel can't wait it's been too long
Brooklyn black chocolate stout
A sampler of some sort that he said had a stout porter but brown and something in it.
And some other "dark" beer sizer

He isn't a brewer so who knows what it is but it will be good
There is gonna be 4 of us tasting. I figure we will make a 12 oz go into 4 glasses and start with the lighter beerS and move to the more complex. I wanna start with the Allagash I can't wait for it

His other six is dominion oak barrel stout an the mix I of dundees

I've thought about doing something like this for family member, but the vast majority are hardcore BMCers; I can barely get them to try a hefe or cream ale. Anything beyond that gets shot down.

we are going to have 21 at our house, but my two cousins and possible my aunts boyfriend are going to be the only ones partaking. everyone else are non beer drinkers or think natty light is too hoppy

Ok. So maybe tasting 19 different brews all over 6% at the same time between three people so the least we got was 4oz with many getting two bottles or pints opened wasn't such a good idea. Spent all thanks giving morning hungover. We did have some amazing brews from all over the country.

My cousins are coming in from va an chi town for turkey day and we are all bringing brews from all over. After turkey and ham we are gonna watch some fooseball and taste some brews. Here's the list so far:
Me

.............how did you taste?;)

I made the mistake of one SOLID Kolsch, and 2 experimental brews....I only have 3 kegs.

The Kolsch was loved by all.

My Cinnamon Amber went over OK

My roasted pumpkin seed porter was a smash hit,

But best by far was mixing 1/2 the plain roasted pumpkin seed brew, and 1/2 the cinnamon amber.

I may get them down to half a keg each and just combine them.

While the experimentals were good, they were a little out of bounds for the BMC neighbors, friends and relatives. They sipped them and smiled and said how good it was, but when the glasses emptied, it was
"that yellowish one please!"

My bock was well liked. Pumpkin beer was either really liked or not at all. My nut brown was the biggest hit of my brews

I had:
ESB
Heff
Cascadian Dark Ale
Apfelwein
Founder's Dirty Bastard
New Belgium Snow Day (Everyone's Favorite)
Deschuette's Mirror Pond

My dad had a sampler from Breckenridge Brewery (yuck...) and the Samual Adams Winter Sample.

I think we had a sixer of Guinness. I wish I had time to stop in Minnesota on the drive out and get a bunch of Surly but alas my drive was long enough and I didn't feel like making it longer. Plus we had more beer than was necessary which was surprising but my older brother couldn't make it... We would have still had leftovers!

Back