Anyone brewed with WLP067 ?? need some help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FT-Peru

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some wlp067 issues. Seems like this yeast likes to over attenuate.

Are you brewing with all grain?
If you want a higher FG, you can mash at a higher temperature.

If you just want a lower ABV, add less base malt.

If you find your beer too dry, increasing chloride and reducing sulfate helps enormously. You could possibly use some crystal malt.

It contains a diastaticus yeast in the blend.

Some diastaticus yeasts will munch through dextrins quickly, others slowly, and others randomly. Sometimes you’ll end up with over attenuation, sometimes not, depending on the yeast.

Dry hopping during fermentation or whirlpooling at very low temps releases enzymes from the hops that can break down dextrins as well. Combine that with a diastaticus strain and you’ll get over-attenuation every time!

Are you brewing with all grain?
If you want a higher FG, you can mash at a higher temperature.

If you just want a lower ABV, add less base malt.

If you find your beer too dry, increasing chloride and reducing sulfate helps enormously. You could possibly use some crystal malt.
Thanks!

It contains a diastaticus yeast in the blend.

Some diastaticus yeasts will munch through dextrins quickly, others slowly, and others randomly. Sometimes you’ll end up with over attenuation, sometimes not, depending on the yeast.

Dry hopping during fermentation or whirlpooling at very low temps releases enzymes from the hops that can break down dextrins as well. Combine that with a diastaticus strain and you’ll get over-attenuation every time!
Yes, this blend is unpredictable, actually I was thinking on probably bumping up the mash temp and ending up in a higher than desired FG on the software, because as it will over attenuate (its happened twice by 5 points in FG) so therefore it would compensate. Any thoughts on that?

Back