anyone brewed COPPER ALE from midwestsupply?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattp420

Reaction score
im getting ready to make this copper ale for my first ever homebrew. im using the white labs yeast. How did you like it? Anything you would add to make it better?

thanks,
matt

Copper ale is a very good recipe. I have gotten a lot of comments on it. I brewed it for my first batch as well (extract). I have since made it allgrain a couple months ago and just did a 10 gallon batch last weekend for my birthday party. Only difference is I used the Wyeast, but it should be very similar. good luck!
tom

thanks alot. now it says in the directions to add 5 oz of corn sugar when i bottle... does that seem like too much? how much would you add?

5oz of corn sugar is the standard amount for a 5gallon batch. Just boil it in a small amount of water then pour it in your bottling bucket and then rack your brew onto it

ok but i should end up with a little less than 5 gallons though right? so would 5 oz be too much for less than 5 gallons?

Yep I made it and it tasted like $hit. I started using it for marinades and pancakes. Lo and behold, a few months later it tasted awesome.

So my suggestion is to let it age an extra month or two. It will come out great.

I started drinking it as soon as it was carbed (c'mon, first batch EVER man!) and it was good from the beginning. It did improve as I was getting to the end of it, but it was definitely good and hard to restrain from after 2-3 weeks in the bottle.
tom

Ah, nostalgia. My first kit ever...as much as I recall from three years ago, it was fine. Never made it since. I may have to revisit, because SWMBO, who has always ordered up hefeweizens, has suddenly expressed a preference for an amber. I've got a Boston Plus in the fermenter now, but a batch of Copper Ale is probably on the list. Now I'm doing AG, it'll be interesting to see how it comes out.

Back