Anybody used one of these?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtvinny

Reaction score
53618.jpg

It is a 7 gallon water jug. I have 3 that I bought for camping. Mine are #2 plastic and although the outside is scratched the inside is untouched. Is this a cheap alternative to glass for beer? (not going to bulk age for a long time in it)

I bought mine at a sporting goods store and I found this picture in the Bass Pro Shops catalog. I don't know what type of plastic this is though.

It's not the right type of plastic for beer storage, but I would use it for water before the brew. The reason I would not use it for beer storage is because the type of plastic can allow transmission of gasses.

jtvinny said they are #2 plastic, thats the same as your buckets. I have seen these used in another thread as well but I couldn't find it either. Someone had a few of the flat ones and was lagering on his fridge shelves. I say go for it, and if you have a bad experience, let us know so no one else will make the same mistake:rockin:

Latest posts

Back