Anybody use the Ss Brewkettle BME?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lebowski509

Reaction score
Hi, looking at buying a new kettle. The SS brew tech BME kettle looked interesting with the domed base and the tangential whirlpool port. Just wondering if anyone uses it and can tell me what they think. Thanks!

Hi, looking at buying a new kettle. The SS brew tech BME kettle looked interesting with the domed base and the tangential whirlpool port. Just wondering if anyone uses it and can tell me what they think. Thanks!

I used for for quite a while. If you know you're going to stick with propane, it's a very nice kettle.

I switched to electric. While you technically can go electric on the kettle as well, its not designed for it.

Overall, it was a great kettle. If I'd stuck with propane, it would be my top choice.

More than 2 years and 70+ batches. Sealed the thermoport about 5 batches in...I BIAB and remembering to protect the bag from the thermometer was too much for me ;-). An instant read thermometer is the way to go, anyway. The size (11.5ish gallons) is great up to about 18 lbs of grain if you BIAB (for 5 gallon batches).

I whirlpool and transfer with a riptide pump on a Brewbuilt burner with a homemade pump mount. I've got no complaints and I can't imagine a better propane kettle...

I used for for quite a while. If you know you're going to stick with propane, it's a very nice kettle.

I switched to electric. While you technically can go electric on the kettle as well, its not designed for it.

Overall, it was a great kettle. If I'd stuck with propane, it would be my top choice.

Thank you!!!!

More than 2 years and 70+ batches. Sealed the thermoport about 5 batches in...I BIAB and remembering to protect the bag from the thermometer was too much for me ;-). An instant read thermometer is the way to go, anyway. The size (11.5ish gallons) is great up to about 18 lbs of grain if you BIAB (for 5 gallon batches).

I whirlpool and transfer with a riptide pump on a Brewbuilt burner with a homemade pump mount. I've got no complaints and I can't imagine a better propane kettle...

excellent thanks for the info, I really appreciate it

Love Love, my 25gal BME. No more leaf hops, pellets only now. Whirlpool all the time. I also kettle sour in it. I put a thermowell in and chill down to about 90deg, pitch the lacto, wrap the lid on with plastic wrap. When PH is where i want, I take off the plastic and fire the burner and off we go.

Back