Anybody have a SS 5/8 fender washer they can send me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BansheeRider

Reaction score
I built my mash tun from a HomeDepot 10 gal cooler and I can't find a stainless washer to go inside the cooler. Anybody have an extra one lying around to send me?

5/8” stainless steel fender washer (Crown Bolt “Create-A-Bolt”) – $3.77 (I had trouble finding any stainless steel washers, so I had to go with this kit, which has about 3 in it along with other parts)

Home Depot

Do you really have one to send? Man that would be awesome! I can PM you my address and pay you via paypal.

Howza' 'bout: You give me the O.D. that you want as well, and I'll punch you one out tonight before I leave work.............And P M me your address.

And no, I ain't in the washer makin' bidness'...........I'm just feeling benevolent tonight. :D

Howza' 'bout: You give me the O.D. that you want as well, and I'll punch you one out tonight before I leave work.............And P M me your address.

And no, I ain't in the washer makin' bidness'...........I'm just feeling benevolent tonight. :D

Thanks I really appreciate it! I am stuck at work now for the next couple days so I am not sure what the OD is. All I know is that I need a SS 5/8 washer just like the one in this thread... https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-easy-10-gallon-rubbermaid-mlt-conversion-23008/

I'll PM you my address now. Thank you for your help!

Edit: 1.3125 inches is the OD as indicated by the below poster.

I got one for you too Banshee if the other doesn't come through. How nice for a fellow homebrewer to make you your own custom washer. I love HBT and stealth cruiser gets a well deserved thumbs up....

I got one for you too Banshee if the other doesn't come through. How nice for a fellow homebrewer to make you your own custom washer. I love HBT and stealth cruiser gets a well deserved thumbs up....

I agree! This site is awesome and so are the members.

Do ya' have a file or a way to de-burr them?
You'll need one, and don't cut yourself opening up the package!

.091, 321 S/S...........De-burr, smack with a hammer, (it's annealed material), and install..

Will ship in the A.M..............Almost time for me to go home and have 1 or 2 barley pops..........:mug:

Stealthcruiser said:
Do ya' have a file or a way to de-burr them? You'll need one, and don't cut yourself opening up the package! .091, 321 S/S...........De-burr, smack with a hammer, (it's annealed material), and install.. Will ship in the A.M..............Almost time for me to go home and have 1 or 2 barley pops..........:mug:
It was about this time last year that I was feeling benevolent, and ran somebody off a few on a $350,000 5-axis lathe ;)

Do ya' have a file or a way to de-burr them?
You'll need one, and don't cut yourself opening up the package!

.091, 321 S/S...........De-burr, smack with a hammer, (it's annealed material), and install..

Will ship in the A.M..............Almost time for me to go home and have 1 or 2 barley pops..........:mug:

For sure thanks again!

It was about this time last year that I was feeling benevolent, and ran somebody off a few on a $350,000 5-axis lathe ;)

I knocked them out on a 50's vintage "Whitney" punch press........Choose your punch size, choose bottom die clearance for the metal thickness, set your index fence, and punch away!

It don't play around with about 150 tons of force! :D

Stealthcruiser said:
I knocked them out on a 50's vintage "Whitney" punch press........Choose your punch size, choose bottom die clearance for the metal thickness, set your index fence, and punch away! It don't play around with about 150 tons of force! :D
I love all that old equipment. We have a gear mill and a Bridgeport from around that era, they still work perfectly. That was back when America took pride in its workmanship. Any of those machines would last 100 years if they were taken care of.

I had tons of trouble finding those fender washers when I built my mash tun last year. I then found out my brewing buddy's dad works at General Electric as a machinist so we just gave him some fw's with the more common small ID's, and he punched them perfectly probably within thousandths of an inch of accuracy :)

I knocked them out on a 50's vintage "Whitney" punch press........Choose your punch size, choose bottom die clearance for the metal thickness, set your index fence, and punch away!

It don't play around with about 150 tons of force! :D

Got the washers. They are perfect! Thanks again :)

Back