Any way to make a NPT Fermenator into a triclamp bottom dump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a good deal on a 14 gal fermenator with NPT fittings. I see Great Fermentations has this http://shop.greatfermentations.com/...b4BA6oVvHLpd5pZL6PSIduikPWuGwjDxoC5bEQAvD_BwE
Can I take the existing npt nut out and put this in?
the threaded fitting is welded into the bottom of the blichmann I believe... you can thread an adapter to go from threaded to tc fitting onto it but it doesnt make it any more sanitary because you will just have to remove and clean in the threads to be sure its sanitized.. I have done this with the large 3bbl plastic fermenters in my nano. if the fermenter is drained , and cleaned and then the threaded area is covered by starsan you theoretically shouldnt have to remove it each time you use it.

Is the bottom dump 1/2" NPT? Everything Augiedoggy said is spot on. If it is 1/2" threads and you do want to convert it to tri clover, I would get an adapter that goes from 1/2" NPT to TC. But like Augie said, it won't make it completely sanitary because you will still have the threads.

Latest posts

Back