Any Vista pro's out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
I rue the day I installed Vista on my computer. Im trying to install .netframework 3.5 and get this message at the end of setup

Problem Event Name: VisualStudio8Setup
Problem Signature 01: 14001
Problem Signature 02: 3.5.21022.08_ORCAS_X86_NET
Problem Signature 03: CBS
Problem Signature 04: INST
Problem Signature 05: F
Problem Signature 06: gencomp750,{61040379-156d-4ece-b126-ea395a3b2
Problem Signature 07: BASERET_FAILURE
Problem Signature 08: -
Problem Signature 09: 34
Problem Signature 10: WUSA
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

Im trying to do this because I can't open some programs in Vista because I get the error message blah blah mscorwks.dll could not be loaded. I figured i'd upgrade .netframework and all would be well, I was dead wrong. :mad:

I installed Vista once on a suspected bad drive, just to try it out, and was not impressed. It looked ok, but I did not prefer the UI to XPs, and maybe it was a matter of me not using it long enough (I played WoW for the several weeks I was using it), but I did not see any real good reason to switch from XP. Thankfully that drive did go bad, so I put my XP drive back in and I was happy once more.

This error doesn't give me many leads online, except that one user got it fixed this way:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2850723&SiteID=1

They were running XP though. Wish I could help more, but there isn't much info out there on this error.

Uninstall .NET Framework 3.5. Then make sure Encrypted File System is not enabled.

Reboot the machine.

Then reinstall .NET Framework 3.5

Everyone I know that has tried to install vista on an existing computer...Hated it!
I use is both at home and at work, I coordinate 9 computers in my office, and 6 have vista...as a factory install, and it all works great.

Mutilated1 said:
Uninstall .NET Framework 3.5. Then make sure Encrypted File System is not enabled.

Reboot the machine.

Then reinstall .NET Framework 3.5

Where do you find the encrypted file system? :eek:

Back