Any Pittsburgh Grist House fans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBigHops

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Pittsburgh area home brewers. Looking for some recipe help. My son has been living in the area for the past two years, and has become hooked on the NEIPAs from Grist House, especially Floodline. I did get the chance myself to visit him once, and I agree, this is one tasty brew. So here's my dilemma; he's just left town for a new job in Denver. Yeah, I know, plenty of good brews in Denver. But... I'd love to surprise him when I visit in December with a keg of Floodline clone. Anybody know anything about the recipe or at least the hops used in this tropical juice bomb?

So what I do know:
6.5% ABV
pineapple and tangerine aromas and flavors.
Per their website, that's about it.

I usually use London Ale III in my NEIPAs. Maybe try Conan or Imperial Juice for this one for more tropical fruit?

If anyone knows the yeast or hops these guys use, or have a connection and can ask, I would greatly appreciate any assistance. The actual grain bill would be great too!

Thanks from Texas...

Back