any one ever smell someone brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopalotamus

Reaction score
Went for a walk with the wife and kid when a block from our house I could smell someone boiling wort when the wife noticed me sniffing the air she said she smelled it too looked through there open door and there was a carboy thought about stopping and knocking on there door but figured it would be weird. I smell beer. Anyone had a similar experience

hopalotamus said:
Went for a walk with the wife and kid when a block from our house I could smell someone boiling wort when the wife noticed me sniffing the air she said she smelled it too looked through there open door and there was a carboy thought about stopping and knocking on there door but figured it would be weird. I smell beer. Anyone had a similar experience

I'm usually the guy that people walk up to and ask "what the hell is that you're doing?" since I brew out on the driveway with a whole big 2 tier set up.

I'm usually worried the crazy neighbor will call the FBI given the sound the outdoor cooker makes at full burn.

If I smelled someone cooking up a batch of beer I would walk up and talk to them. If someone came up my driveway and did the same I would be SO impressed that I would have to offer them a cold one.

I live in a small apartment building and when you get off the elevator on my floor your can smell it when I'm brewing. A chef that lives down the hall came and knocked to ask what smelled so good. I showed him and pulled a pint off of the kegerator for him. He always comes around now when he smells it. I thought it was pretty cool that he was willing to knock and find out.

People have walked up to me out of curiosity. They always seem interested and ask a lot of questions. It's always a good time.

I'm usually worried the crazy neighbor will call the FBI given the sound the outdoor cooker makes at full burn.

Hilarious. I feel the same way. I just got a 20 psi adjustable regulator (upgrade from the 10psi), and my BG10 burners sound like jet engines ready for takeoff. I think I might need earplugs.

But I would def give a beer to anyone that came up to me during a brew session. I don't think it would be weird. Of course, I brew in a fenced in yard, so they would have had to smell the beer and vault the fence to demonstrate their dedication to brewing.

My neigbors don't care if I brew. I even brewed in the driveway a few times just to spark some interest. They don't seem to be interested in homebrewing or if I homebrew. Kind of lame. This is a nice neighborhood but everybody keeps to themselves for the most part. To bad.

Back