Any new tech/equipment came out the past year? any game changers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Panderson1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I started brewing again with a group just over a year ago. But i haven't been keeping up on what's new and equipment that cones out.

Just been brewing on a Brewzilla 65 and 2 Fermzillas. Kveik yeast was kind of a game changer for me..... anything i missed this past year?

The "new IPA" book is the only thing I've purchased lately.

McMullan

wort maker
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not a game changer as such, and not cheap either, but the new EasyDens hydrometer is the dog's bollocks. The only other things I've found useful, tech wise, are these:

image.jpeg

They're like little good luck horseshoe charms.

Last edited:

CascadesBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, yeah! If you're not brewing on one of those new thermonuclear Mr. Fermentation all-in-ones, you're really missing out!

I really like mine. I usually decide what I will cook for dinner, dial in the recipe on the Mr. Fermentation, then usually just about time that dinner is ready to eat I have a fresh pint of beer that perfectly matches my meal choice. I remember the days when those fools used to brag about Kveik beers being ready in 3 days. It is hard to imagine the old times when you would have to plan out brew schedules. I mean, who knows what they will want to drink during the second half of the game before it has even started?!?

PCABrewing

Recreational Brewer
Reaction score
I really like mine. I usually decide what I will cook for dinner, dial in the recipe on the Mr. Fermentation, then usually just about time that dinner is ready to eat I have a fresh pint of beer that perfectly matches my meal choice. I remember the days when those fools used to brag about Kveik beers being ready in 3 days. It is hard to imagine the old times when you would have to plan out brew schedules. I mean, who knows what they will want to drink during the second half of the game before it has even started?!?
Naw, I think the future is being able to walk into a store and pick up Already Brewed Beer!
Almost like someone anticipated your want and started making it before you got there...

PCABrewing

Recreational Brewer
Reaction score
I picked up a packet of Omega Lutra Kveik Dried. Anxious to try it.
I'm wondering if they're going to start offering more of their library dried.

Knightshade

<Insert Snarky Comment Here>
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well..there is this thing?

CascadesBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I will add, after being a primary liquid yeast guy for a long time, I have been very impressed with the quality and variety of dry yeast that Lallemand has been putting out lately. I did not plan it, but it turns out 5 of my last 6 beers used Lallemand yeast (BRY-97, Verdant x 2, Farmhouse, and Philly Sour). I also made two very good beers in 2021 with Lallemand Voss and Abbaye.