Any Milwaukee pH meter users here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maylar

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just received a new MW-102 pH / temp meter and I have a question about the temperature measurement; When I push the °C button the display always shows 25.0 and the °C icon in the display blinks. No error messages or anything, just always 25.0. Is there a calibration required for that too, or is the thing broken?

TIA

I use a Milwaukee 101 meter. It has a manual dial to adjust the temperature of the solution, because the temperature can effect the pH reading. If centered, my dial is at 25C and is adjustable up or down from there. I suspect your Milwaukee 102 defaults to 25C for the reading, but is adjustable up or down using controls on its face. Your manual will probably give you the details. In case you need the conversion formula from Fahrenheit to Celcius is (F-32)*5/9, so 77F = (77-32)*5/9 = 25C.

You have both probes plugged in, right? If so, sounds broken. Wshinn2, the 101 is a different meter.

So, I unplugged the probe and checked it with an ohmmeter - about 1000 ohms at room temp (probably a thermistor). Plugged it back in and it works.

Nice meter, this is.

Back