Any male brewers out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSorenson

Reaction score
Just sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. I come on here and I see all these threads "help! I chipped my nail and it fell into my brew kettle", "Oh no, my bangs got into my bottling bucket!" and "My boyfriend keeps begging me to brew more". It's just so alienating.

I had no idea that HWDMD meant "he who doesn't make decisions" until my girlfriend used it on me!

I have no idea how to make Lindemanns Frambois "lambic" and I don't know how to back sweeten that apple cider. I wasn't aware you could use a curling iron to boil your wort and I had no clue Micheal's sold bedazzling gems that make great volume markers.

So come on guys, I know you are out there somewhere... am I the only one? :drunk:

There will always be more threads voicing concern on HBT than veteran discussions, but there's a reason for that - rookies come and go; however, the issues new brewers go through remains constant. Vets on the other hand are the thinned out remainders.

I'm fairly new here myself, but voicing my opinion from a brewer and veteran standpoint on forums in general. Just my 2 cents... cheers!

oh my goodness, you can totally make beer! and it like... takes a while and junk... but it tastes so good and gets you soooooo drunk. I had to have my girlfriend hold my hair.

That's strange, I always thought you were supposed to serve the orange with a splash of O'douls... I just learned something

See? where do all these women learn all of this sage wisdom? How can I get that wisdom in me? Interwebs, speak!

I just wish there was a homebrew forum that was almost a complete sausage fest so I could really be in my element.

Ya know, I think I read somewhere that lettuce added to secondary makes a great dietary supplement. I would add a little ginko just before yoga class, too.

You know what they say, if you lose something you have to back track and repeat everything you did just before you lost it. I think that will help!

I love fruity beers with rose pedals and cherries

Do you also like Lindemann's Framboise Lambic? I had heard that is like... a really old style of beer and hard to make and Lindemann's makes the best example.

Noooooo. I wish! I think if u just like... add a bunch of sugar and a boil a bunch of raspberries and let it sit in ur attic... like... that should get u pretty close, rite?

Off to the store to buy a 12 pack of mixed Blue Moon, they have a new seasonal brewed with some spices

Oh gosh! I love the carmel apple one. I'm just so into blue moon. I love traditional belgians. Is Belgium in Canada or something? they are soooo good at it.

Yea Blue Moon is a new startup brewery right? The candied apple one was also special, I'm looking forward to the summer cucumber apricot one

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Oh, I just had a great idea! we could all go get facials and while the cucumbers are on our eyes we can drink a blue moon summer cucumber apricot beer!

Umm brilliant. I'm really into drinking beer out of a straw with an umbrella thing

Umm brilliant. I'm really into drinking beer out of a straw with an umbrella thing

Oh mi gosh, have you ever seen those beer glasses that look like upside-down beer bottles... INSIDE A GLASS! ugh I would love a set of those. I'd bet it keeps your blue moon colder!

Will the cucumbers help keep us "regular"? At my age I am looking for more fiber!!

I think you can add flax straight to the fermenter too, how1. I like to keep it regular and drink regular. I regularly drink while in the middle of regular.

hey Sorenson, too bad you're in Conn....we could have a good time having a beers!!!

I've gotta get some sleep: I have to incessantly take gravity readings all day tomorrow so I can know the exact moment my beer is done. Brewing is such a PITA. I wish it would just worry about itself for weeks on end.

Just before I go, let me know if anyone has some spare placenta I could have. I've heard brewing with it makes a beer really tasty and makes you impervious to bullets.

yessir, we sure are. I've had a hefe that I brewed in the fall, and a brown my non-beer drinking GF brewed for me in secret for christmas!

Oh, I just had a great idea! we could all go get facials and while the cucumbers are on our eyes we can drink a blue moon summer cucumber apricot beer!

Oh mi gosh, have you ever seen those beer glasses that look like upside-down beer bottles... INSIDE A GLASS! ugh I would love a set of those. I'd bet it keeps your blue moon colder!

so, you two have your first date yet?

I have no idea if you guys are serious, are you? In sweden, NO women brew beer. If they did, they would be tossed out of Sweden and into germany. Only men brew beer over here.

I have no idea if you guys are serious, are you? In sweden, NO women brew beer. If they did, they would be tossed out of Sweden and into germany. Only men brew beer over here.

No, we aren't serious my Swedish friend :). I wished more women brewed: there would be more beer.

Back