Any Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Chris_Dog said:
For cleaning the inside of a blowoff hose?
I hook mine upt to the shop sink that has a male garden hose adapter. It's a tight fit and I run hot water through it.

The gunk is usually still very wet and cleans right out. After that, I soak it in my sink of bleach water solution.

Nwcw2001

Reaction score
I drop it into my carboy when I soak it with OXYCLEAN. It tends to cloud up the tubing but it cleans it really well.

John

rdwj

Reaction score
Chris_Dog said:
Forgive my ignorance... If I push my blowoff hose in my carboy I will need to break the glass to get it out..
I JUST did that and it was a HUGE PITA to get out. I'd suggest that you use a bucket.

Cookiebaggs

Reaction score
I have a smaller bottle brush connected at the handle to a 4 foot length of wire. I then run the wire end through the blow off hose and pull the brush through the tube. It cleans all the crud off really well.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's a dedicated blow-off tube. Run some oxyclean through it and sanitize it before each use, but don't spend too much time on it.

magno

Sound Level Technician
Reaction score
Found this post late, but I put mine in a bucket with the open ends facing up, and fill it up with hot water and let it soak over night.

Works like a charm.

- magno

Latest posts